Assessment: 400 meter run??
Block 3: Games and Relays
Working in teams, students will complete the following tasks:
- Spider Relay—students cross the width of the pool crawling under lane lines. Students can make forward progress only while submerged, and must stop crawling to breathe.
- Feet first relay—self explanatory
- Dolphin relay—each team has a beach ball, and must push the ball across the pool using only noses.
- Hidden bottle—two teams, one on each side of the pool. Participants stand with their backs to the water. The instructor tosses a water-filled clear unlabeled bottle into the pool. On the instructor’s cue, participants jump in, retrieve the bottle and return it to their “home base.” Play (for example) to best out of 5.
- Fashion Victim Relay. For each of two teams, submerged at the deep end, are color coded sets of clothing: socks, pants, t-shirt and long sleeve shirt. Teams must retrieve one item at a time and use it to dress a teammate. The “dressee” must have the item fully on before the next item can be retrieved. The winning team is the first to be fully dressed. Record times for inter-class competition.
Block 4: CrossFit WOD
Warm Up: tread water 2 min
50 meter kickboard
WOD: “Dominican” (Dominican University of Cal, home of the Fighting Penguins)
For time: 1 lap, 1 push up, 1 air squat
1 lap, 2 push ups, 2 air squats
1 lap, 3 push ups, 3 air squats…
1 lap 10 push ups, 10 air squats