Monday: Only 30 minute period
- Collect Intermediate Programming summaries.
- Give feedback to beginners on their summaries turned in last week.
Bocce Ball – 8 (4 teams of 2) students per set
- need all bocce ball sets and cones for start line for each group
Winning team of each round gets to assign the rest of the teams an exercise (max 20 repetitions or run a lap around perimeter of field)
remind students to bring smart phones for Tuesday/Wednesday
Warm-up - 3 Stations – on upper field
1. agility ladder exercises – 2 times each excercise (speed bunnies, power bunnies, snow boarder, Ali shuffle)
2. medicine ball core (sit-up pass, v-sit pass sideways – 20 times each exercise x 2)
3. medicine ball pass and catch in full squat (20 times x 2 stretch in between)
Skill: Use smart phones to film and review in groups of 2-3 the clean - use rubric
WOD: Probably needs to be a short one…
“Young Kelly” – compare to week 23
4 rounds of 200 meter run, 15 box jumps (18″), thrusters (15/30/45)
Warm-up - Medicine Ball Musical Chairs ( wont actually sit on them – maybe pick up and get into and hold a full front squat position) – if they do not get a medicine ball they will be out and will do 10 air squats, 10 curl-ups and 10 burpees. To save time you can remove a few medicine balls each round. While music plays they are doing an exercise around the medicine balls…high knees, side step, butt kickers, skips, lunges…For large classes separate the class into 2 groups and have one group do pull-up practice while the other plays and then switch.
Assessment: Clean using rubric
WOD: Final Gone Bad – compare to end of first semester
2 rounds of AMRAP 1 minute in each exercise (2 heats)
Wall Ball (6/8/10/12)
Push Press (15-45)
Box Jump (18″/20″/24″)